Standard BBQ Warnings
While it SHOULD be obvious, it still bears repeating:
- Always know what to do in case of fire and plan accordingly.
- BBQ Smoking should ONLY be conducted in a well ventilated area to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning and well away from flammable objects or other types of fire hazard that may be nearby.
- Only use natural hardwoods or packaged wood products sold for barbecuing.
- Only use wood chips for smoking in a well ventelated area to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Softwoods such as pines and firs hold high levels of resin which can produce harsh-tasting soot on cooked foods.
- Processed woods should NEVER be used due to harsh and possible toxic chemicals.
- If your lookin, you ain’t cookin!